Saturday, May 26, 2007

Party Fowl

So I've had the privlidge of spending the last few days at a 12th century Irish castle for a work function. They've transformed the castle into a five star hotel and resort which just about every important person seems to have stayed at (including our esteemed president).

Like most high end hotels this one has a high end restaurant.
I don't know why "high end" always means exotic meats - but over the span of two meals I was served ostrich and PIGEON FOIE GRAS. Yes, Pigeon filet plus what I think was a paste made out of pigeon liver.

Now, if you know anything about me you know that I am a bit picky as to what kind of meats (or even what cuts of meats) I eat. Needless to say I was not feeling the birds.

The ostrich was actually ok - if I hadn't known I would think I was eating beef. Pigeon on the other hand was this grey looking thing that was extremely tough and left a nasty aftertaste.

Oh well .. better luck in Moscow

And in a related story....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EERdNnu9mic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home