Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And over on the left coast...

I was in San Jose for the past two days. I arrived Sunday night, starving, wishing I had begged the flight attendant for another package of pretzels. I'm sorry, but throwing two dime bag sized packages of mini-pretzels my way on a 6-hour flight is just silly. At least give me party mix so I have some variety. I was thrilled when the older woman sitting two seats away gave me hers. "I'm doing low-carb." You go gramma. Now hand over the pretzels.

So of course when I get to the hotel at 9:15, I find out that room service ends at 9:00 PM. So I ask the concierge what my options are for ordering in. "This late? Just Dominos." Oh god, where am I? "But we do have a room on the second floor that offers cold cuts, fresh fruit, coffee, soft drinks, and cookies from 9 PM to 5 AM, as a hospitality to our guests." Hopitality? Sounds like free to me. Sign me up. When I get to the room I notice that it's called "Raid Our Pantry". OK, if you insist!

Conveniently enough, the hotel was directly across the street from the office. And they did have amazing breakfasts. So good, that I would consider staying there again just for the food.

This afternoon we headed up to the W in San Francisco, which is where I'll be through Thursday. My room is bigger than our apartment. And I get to sleep on a Heavenly Bed! Did I mention that we need to shop for a new bed for the apartment soon?

You have to love the random feature on ipods. Current selection: Mariah Carey's "Prisoner". For those of you who haven't experienced this gem from her debut album, boy are you missing out. As far as I know, this was Mariah's first and last attempt at 'rapping'. And I use that term extremely loosely:

"So if you wanna be my love, you can't be all wild,
play up when you see me and then say, 'Mariah, I miss you.'
Expect me to hug and kiss you?
Don't mean to diss you,
but I guess I'm not the kind of girl you thought I was.
I've had enough of "Now, I'll see ya later, cuz."
Boy, made me know that I'll be strong enough,
but I won't be a pris'ner, baby, of your love,
no more...no more...no more, no more, no more, no more."

but hold on.........there's more!...

"I'm not one of those girls who'll wait around, cryin' 'cause you wouldn't take me all over town. You can't do that.
I'm not a doormat.
You're just a player.
That's not my format.
Hahahahaha ... See ya."

See ya indeed, homegirl.

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

meanwhile, tommy g and i were busy dealing with ms. valtrex and her $4 beer. the bitch is crazy!

come back to the east coast so we can have some pho!!!

love ya

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homegirl kicks a lil' rhyme on The Emancipation of Mimi's "Get Your Number," too:

"I got a house in Capri and my own G4 / And that Benz with the doors that lift up from the floor [pronounced, "flo," of course]"

-- and --

"I got a pip penthouse with a sick hot tub / We can watch the flat screen while the bubbles fill it up"

Not as good as "Prisoner," though.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are enjoying your time out west. I'm sure that you could have gotten more pretzels if you asked.
Anyway, I will make sure there are plenty of snacks for the trip to Pitts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home