Saturday, October 01, 2005

What the cluck?


Anyone who's been on a NYC subway in the past 3 years has seen the MTA's "If You See Something, Say Something" ad campaign.

As a rule I generally pay close attention to what is going on around me in the subway- not so much out of a fear of terrorism, but a fear that some mofo will attempt to steal my ipod.

Yesterday evening I noticed a woman with a very suspicious package across the train from me - it was a white, semi crushed cardboard box (with holes on the side) held together by some frayed string.

Imagine my surprise when about five minutes into the trip I saw A LIVE CHICKEN stick it's head out of the box! The owner of the box simply nonchalantly pushed the chicken's head back into the box and continued to read her Danielle Steele novel.

Only in New York.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONLY in NYC will you ever see something like a chicken on the subway..what next a cow??

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Tony said...

If it hadn't been for the Danielle Steele novel, I would have put money on the woman being Chinese and that you'd gotten on the train at Canal Street.

ONLY in Chinatown, NYC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home