Sunday, November 06, 2005

Marvin Is The Rosa Parks of Chelsea


Marvin and I were walking home the other night when we saw a cab driver almost mow down a bicyclist in the middle of an intersection in Chelsea. The bicyclist was visibly shaken and shouted at the cab driver to watch where he was going. The cab driver then proceeded to stop his car in the middle of the intersection and start screaming at the cyclist - calling him a "fucking faggot" about 5x in a matter of 30 seconds.

Before I could even react I saw Marvin shaking his finger at the cab driver and telling him to watch who he calls a faggot -
next thing I know this small man is gesturing that he's going to fight Marvin in the middle of the intersection.

At this point two women from Long Island start complaining that they need to get to a party and quickly get into the cab in question and speed off toward midtown.

It was like something out of an after school special.

Like a well trained New Yorker Marvin pulls out his cell phone and dials 311 to make a complaint. Marvin somehow remembered the cab number and it seems the driver will now be charged with a variety of offenses. I'm sure there will be a follow up blog post when Marvin goes to the cabbie's hearing.

I'm not sure why people who would never think of making a racial slur see no problem with the anti-gay ones -- and I really don't understand when a member of a minority group uses a slur against another minority group.

The moral of the story is that if you're a bigot cabbie with poor driving skills I'd advise you to avoid Chelsea. Marvin will put you in your place.

He's just like Rosa Parks- only Marvin really doesn't do public transportation.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after the halloween stint on NY1, I was sure that there was NO way to top it. But, Marvin did..I am so proud, NO REALLY!
Someone has got to put homo-phobs in there place!
Marvin..YOU GO GIRL :)

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im doing a lesson plan on the civil rights movement, can I pencil in marvin as a guest speaker? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home