Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sushi & Sodmy (all in one night)

Two great tastes that taste great together?

On Saturday night Marvin and I met up with Laura (a friend from college) and her boyfriend to hit up the all you can eat sushi dinner at the (always fantastic) Yuka and a showing of the new off-broadway show Sodom: The Musical

I think the Sodom show deserves a mention on the blog for three reasons -

1. It had the cop from the Village people as one of the supporting actors (playing God no less)
2. It's the only show I've ever seen that mentions fisting (twice!)
3. The musical accompaniment for the show was a bad drag queen ("He looks like your Uncle Bob in a tired dress" as Marvin would say) playing a casio keyboard.

Only in New York.

Edit - I re-read my post (and accompanying comment) and realized that it probably came across as much nastier than I intended to be. I very much enjoyed the intentional camp factor of the show (as well as the musical accompaniment) and recommend it for an interesting evening of theater.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As "Uncle Bob in a tired dress", I should point out that:
1. God was the cowboy, not the cop
2. It is not a casio keyboard
3. You're jealous: the dress was fabulous.

Thanks for enjoying sushi and sodomy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home